Summary of Maulana Shaykh Nazim’s Daily Suhbah
20th March 2010, Saturday
Allah has given you a one-way-ticket home, use it wisely
A’uzubillah himinsh shaitan nirrajeem
Bismillahir Rahman-nir Raheem
Assalamu’alaikum wrh wbkt
- Maulana said that those who were making effort to attend these lessons, they were the beloved ones, people who are given honour and happiness in this life. Those who deliberately avoided such Suhbahs, they are the slaves of shaitan, they will attain no honours or pleasure, in this world or the Hereafter. Maulana prayed for Allah’s protection against shaitan’s tricks and traps, he asked that we be guided to be His humble servants, and to be recipients of the never-ending grants of the Almighty.
- Shaitan is the fallen one, he wants all of us to fall with him, into the abyss of never-ending agony and darkness, where you are neither alive (as an existence in continuous pain and regret, is not life), nor are you dead (as, unlike a dead person, you feel every ounce of suffering and punishment that is being inflicted on you). Imagine, to be suspended in such a darkness of indescribable agony, and being utterly helpless to escape, for eternity, Maulana says, it is a terrible and frightening end for any human being!
Who will enter the great Fire (and will be made to taste its burning). There he will neither die (to be in rest) nor live (a good living). (Surah Al-A'la 87:12-13)
- Any one who takes shaitan as a guide and advisor, there is no hope for such a person, no lights awaiting him, no real pleasure in this life or in the hereafter and such an unfortunate one hasn’t the slightest glimmer of hope for salvation.
- When creatures are gathered in the Plains of Masyar, Allah will command all animals to return to being dust, from which they were created. There is no Judgement upon them, their existence ceases at that point. When humans see and experience the pain of punishment, they too will cry out to their Lord, “Oh Allah, make us into dust too! We prefer to die (than to suffer this never-ending agony)!” Whilst animals are returned to the earth, Man is to face eternal repayment for his deeds. So many humans believe that this is a make-believe tale, they take this advice as a joke, so they never make preparations for that fateful and difficult Day. They deny their Lord, they deny their own creation, they deny the reality of life and they deny that they are to live forever and ever, with what they have done.
- So many humans deny their Lord and deny their meeting with their Lord. Even if one were to recite La ila ha illallah, once in his life, it means that we are unable to judge such a person, as that recitation, even for that one time, is an unknown treasure – who knows what Allah has in store for him because of that recitation. Look at how great Allah’s grants are to us a single La ila ha illallah may bring untold benefits and salvation for such a person, so never judge anyone, only He is the Judge. Recite La ila ha illallah as much as you can, for, if only a single recitation can bring eternal salvation, you will never be able to imagine what constant recitation of La ila ha illallah, Muhammadur rasulullah, alaihi solatu wa sallam, can do for you.
- This existence is not a joke, every atom in creation, has a reality, and is in constant glorification of Allah!
The seven heavens and the earth and all that is therein, glorify Him and there is not a thing but glorifies His Praise. But you understand not their glorification. (Surah Al-Isra' 17:44)
- How many atoms make up a human being? Trillions and trillions of atoms, and each one of those atoms is glorifying and praising Allah. Allah bestows honour and pleasure on each being that praises Him. Yet ironically, the owner of these atoms himself, the human being, is heedless about Allah. Allah has sent the Prophets to teach humans, that all of creation, every atom in Man’s physical body, is in need of, and is in praise of, Allah Almighty, but why is Man neglecting his relationship with his Lord, why is he heedless? Despite having been given a mind to think and understand, Man chooses to follow the Way of the fallen one, shaitan.
- Such humans, who defy Allah, when they are raised on Judgement Day, they will be shown how every atom in their bodies was glorifying and praising Allah, and they will be filled with intense shame, they will tremble and say, “Every organ in our bodies was praising Allah, yet we were in defiance all the while.” And that feeling of shame, will be such a great azhab, punishment, upon their souls, the pain, remorse and regret, would be greater than being thrown into Hell. How is it that Man’s own bodies are obedient to Allah, but Man himself is a creature of kufur? In defying Allah, Man has lost his single golden opportunity to achieve servanthood to Allah.
- Such an unfortunate person would be in the deepest regret, he would blame himself endlessly for missing out on that chance that Allah had given him, for Allah had equipped him with the mind, and with free will, yet he had chosen to follow his enemy, the fallen one, and now he was lost, forever. He would be hurled into the blazing fire, in agonizing suffering.
- Maulana says that even if all the food and pleasures of Paradise was presented to a person in Hell, he would reject it and say, “I do not deserve this, this is not for me, I did my worst for Allah, I am so ashamed to eat, I did such wicked things, I had wicked thoughts and intentions, I am forbidding myself to taste of these pleasures, for eternity.” Allah will command Man to judge himself, and Man will say, “All these pleasures, we pronounce it haram upon ourselves, for our bodies were praising You, but we were not, whereas we were in dunia for only a short time!” And even if he did take a bite of the heavenly food, he would experience no pleasure at all, for he would be filled with regret and shame. See how Man would eventually come to his senses, come to realization, and be filled with such a sense of loss and shame, that he would condemn his own self to punishment. If you can picture the regret in that person now, Maulana says, what you are feeling now is but one atom of an Ocean of regret that will be experienced by such a condemned one. Heedlessness leads to every known badness in dunia and in the hereafter, you will blame yourself endlessly if you allow yourself to become heedless.
- All these is stated in the Qur’an, but the Qur’an is not an ordinary book, we are unable to extract much understanding from it, because we are heedless ones. Maulana prayed, “Oh our Lord, don’t leave us in heedlessness, don’t leave us to be occupied by earthly material enjoyments, for material enjoyments bring eternal punishment to people.”
- Eternity is a different experience for each one of us. There are countless different experiences of eternity, depending on the level at which you leave this world. Your final breath is the door to eternity, and you will remain at that level, forever. Some find that their ‘eternity’ is filled with pleasure, joy and bliss. Others find their ‘eternity’ filled with pain, agony and regret.
- So many people, upon seeing what sort of ‘eternity’ lies before them, beg Allah a thousand times to be allowed to return to this worldly life, to live life as a better Muslim, so that they can have a different ‘eternity’ before them. And they will be told, “No, you shall never return to this world again, you have been given your chance, you wasted it, you made you own choice with your own free will, so taste of what you have chosen.” Allah, in His infinite Wisdom, knows that even if He gave Man a second chance, he would still re-live the heedless life he had led, the first time. Even if Man was resurrected a thousand times, he would live the same way like he did the first time!
- So choose your eternity wisely, choose whether you wish to inherit Paradise or Hell. So many choose the path to Hell, as they don’t really believe that it exists. You must have faith in Allah, and believe what He has told you about the unseen!
- To inherit Paradise for eternity, you only have to be obedient to Allah, and to disobey your ego, for a short time in dunia. We are here only for three days – yesterday, today and tomorrow – it is so short a time, in exchange for eternity, so be patient. Dunia deceives its lovers, to come to it and to abandon eternity. Why run after new cars, prime property, fancy clothes, expensive jewellery and branded goods? Why choose dunia over eternity?
- Make time for Allah daily, good tidings for those who make the effort to obey Allah. Every Holy Prophet and every Holy Book, came to guide Man to seek His pleasure. Seek real happiness, eternal happiness. Remember, you have a one-way-ticket home, you will never return here once you leave this dunia, you cannot make the wrong choice – choose the eternal life over dunia, by seeking to please Allah, not your ego.