Summary of Maulana Shaykh Nazim’s Daily Suhbah
29th March 2010, Monday
Be united, be moderate and be with true ones
A’uzubillah himinsh shaitan nirrajeem
Bismillahir Rahman-nir Raheem
Assalamu’alaikum wrh wbkt
- Maulana began by explaining that at times Allah sent down the tajalli (blessings) of jalal (honour/majesty) and at other times, the tajalli of jamal (beauty). But because of our sins, Allah also sends down Divine punishments. We are in need of a shelter from Divine Wrath, and we must know that Assalamu’alaikum wrh wbkt is a protective, heavenly roof over our heads, in that it contains Allah’s Holy Name, As-Salam, Under this Divine umbrella, we pray for a good and holy life, in this world and in the hereafter, filled with peace, pleasure and contentment.
- Every human being who strays from the straight path, will fall into Hell – that is a hadees. Today, many humans have left the straight path, they are doing what the Prophet (saw) forbade them to do. For example, the Prophet (saw) said that when the Muslim community splits into sects, believers must follow the majority. Hence, anyone who pulls away from the majority, will go astray. Maulana asks our Wahhabi/Salafi brothers, as well as our Shia brothers, what they thought of this hadees. The Ahli Sunnah wal Jemaah makes up the vast majority of Muslims today, so to break away from them, is to defy a Divine order, as no Prophet speaks, except what is a Divine Commandment.
مَا ضَلَّ صَاحِبُكُمۡ وَمَا غَوَىٰ .وَمَا يَنطِقُ عَنِ ٱلۡهَوَىٰٓ .إِنۡ هُوَ إِلَّا وَحۡىٌ۬ يُوحَىٰ
Your Companion is neither astray nor being misled. Nor does he say (aught) of (his own) Desire. It is no less than inspiration sent down to him: (Surah An-Najm 53:2-4)
- Every group that dissociates itself from the Ahli Sunnah, are in grave danger when Imam Mahdi (as) appears. The Wahhabis and Shias must think about this Divine order, for the majority will never bow to and take the ideology of the minority. To leave the masses, and to break off to form your own splinter group, is not the Prophet’s (saw) way. Allah is Generous, when He gives, He gives continuously, that is why blessings descend constantly on earth, but those who break away to form sects, do not receive these blessings. That is why the Prophet (saw) kept advising his Nation to stay united, and not to break into sects.
إِنَّ هَـٰذِهِۦۤ أُمَّتُكُمۡ أُمَّةً۬ وَٲحِدَةً۬ وَأَنَا۟ رَبُّڪُمۡ فَٱعۡبُدُونِ
Verily, this Brotherhood of yours is a single Brotherhood and I am your Lord and Cherisher: therefore serve Me (and no other). (Surah Al-Anbiya 21:92)
- Like the thousands of Prophets before him, Rasulullah (saw) brought sound advice and heavenly warnings for Mankind. See what is said in this Ayat:
وَاعۡتَصِمُوۡا بِحَبۡلِ اللّٰهِ جَمِيۡعًا وَّلَا تَفَرَّقُوۡا
And hold fast, all together by the rope which Allah (stretches out for you), and be not divided among yourselves (Surah Ali-Imran 3:103)
- Muslims should not give themselves names like Wahhabis/Salafis or Shias, as if they were a separate group, that was out of Islam. Do they have a different Shariat, Qur’an or Prophet? No! So call yourselves Muslims and Mu’mins.
- Take this warning seriously, for Divine Wrath is not to be trifled with, do not divide the Nation (Ummah) of Muhammad (saw). Do not arouse Divine Anger by going against Prophetic advices and Qur’anic Commandments (as stated above). There is nothing to be gained by being at loggerheads with your fellow Muslims of different sects and ideologies. There is no room for petty quarreling, fighting and debating in our short lives. Islam is a beautiful religion – it is filled with light, happiness and perfection. It is sent to guide each one of us, to purify and correct ourselves, so as to reach the Divine Presence as holy, accepted ones – in perfection. If you return as dirty ones, you will be hurled into Hell, so clean yourselves, instead of dirtying yourselves by hatred and division!
- The Prophet (saw) said that we are a moderate Nation, ummatan wasatan. So do not ascribe to extremist views, but be moderate in all matters.
- Today, you are alive, tomorrow, you will be dead, and the Angels will question you in the grave. Maulana says – beware, beware! Walk on the straight path, fear Allah, obey His Commandments, and be with Sadiqeen (true ones), for the Angels will ask you, “Which Sadiqeen were you with, when you were in dunia?”. Follow the Sadiqeen, they are never on the wrong path, they guide you to be united and moderate, so that you will attain salvation.
يَـٰٓأَيُّہَا ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُواْ ٱتَّقُواْ ٱللَّهَ وَكُونُواْ مَعَ ٱلصَّـٰدِقِينَ
O ye who believe! Fear Allah and be with those who are true (in word and deed). (Surah At-Taubah 9:119)