Summary of Maulana Shaykh Nazim’s Daily Suhbah
24th March 2010, Wednesday
What is the value of this dunia, to Allah?
A’uzubillah himinsh shaitan nirrajeem
Bismillahir Rahman-nir Raheem
Assalamu’alaikum wrh wbkt
- Maulana said that Allah sends knowledge and guidance to His servants, so that they do not remain heedless. Maulana then recited A’uzubillahi minasy syaitan nirrajeem, reminding attendees that shaitan is always pushing us to take a step on the wrong path, he sets traps to cheat Man, and yearns to see Man fall into sadness and difficulty, to see Man fall into the Fire. Remember, shaitan never helps you to stay on the true path, not even one of his advice is for that purpose. Say Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim, for that is a heavenly sword that cuts off shaitan’s legs, it is like a bullet that is shot towards shaitan, and he will run far away from one who recites it.
- Maulana says that he is teaching without seeking any payment or praise from us, he is not asking us for anything. Yet many people are still skipping the Suhbahs! Maulana asks what can people be doing at this time of night, that results in them missing the Suhbah? Some people are still working at such an hour, and Maulana asks what sort of profit could they be getting from working, that exceeded the profit of attending this Suhbah? Why are people still working late into the night, seeking additional wages/profits? Shouldn’t they also be asking for the ‘wages/profits’ of the hereafter, since the life of the hereafter is eternal? All of dunia that you have earned, will only be for this short life, it doesn’t follow you into the hereafter. They belong to you for a brief time here, before being transferred to others. Do not run from these lessons, for they help you whip your ego into shape, and bring you eternal benefits, but shaitan is always whispering to Man to seek more dunia without boredom, and to leave the hereafter.
- Look at those who trade on the stock market, they sit all day and night, staring at the figures on the stock exchange board. They are so careful, so precise, so full of concentration, to ensure that the stocks they are trading in, makes profits, they never want to make losses, even a $1 loss makes them upset. They only want to profit! Allah gives them what they strive for, although what they seek is of no real value. If only Man were as committed to make ‘profits’ for the hereafter, to be focussed on doing good, denying evil, to make sure that every action of theirs brought rewards (profits) and to strive that no actions of theirs brought punishments (losses). If only Man sought the eternal benefits of the hereafter with such gusto and passion, he would be so blessed, for he would have acquired eternal goodness in his Lord’s presence, he would be bestowed gifts that would never be taken away from him (unlike worldly gifts, that will be taken away from him).
- But Man is heedless, so many billions today are heedless people. Don’t live as a heedless one, one whose mind is occupied only with this worldly life, and who takes the hereafter as a plaything. Look for the real treasure, the real jewels â by real, Maulana means the eternal treasures/jewels, that remain with you forever.
- Our egos, in collaboration with shaitan, are asking for more and more of dunia. Maulana then poses to the attendees, some very important questions for them to ponder over. What is the value of this dunia? What is the value of this dunia to you? What is the value of this dunia to Allah?
- Those who did not know the answer to these questions, have yet to understand anything about their life or their religion.
- The Holy Prophet (saw), the beacon of guidance for this Nation said, âThe value of this dunia to Allah, is less than a wing of a mosquito.â A mosquito has four wings. The whole of dunia, with all of its precious metals, precious stones, property and goods, all that is on the ground and in the oceans â is worth less than one wing of a mosquito. In other words, dunia has no value, in the eyes of Allah. In fact, if dunia did indeed have any value attached to it, Allah would not have given an unbeliever, even one cup of water to drink! But Allah gives them all of dunia, as it is worthless in His eyes. dunia is just a plaything, a playground for the unbelievers.
- Oh believers, come and learn, before death takes you to the door of eternal regret, in that you were amongst the billions that had been cheated by dunia. In every Holy Book that Allah had sent, this same advice was dished out, “Oh people, do not be cheated by this worldly life!” You must know the true value of dunia, surely you are not going to seek something worthless, in your short time here!
- Oh people, you were not created for this worldly life, you were created to be His servants! Oh people, you have been bestowed so much honour by Allah, the honour in one human being, exceeds the value of this entire dunia and its contents, so why are humans throwing away that honour, and seeking something of no value, despite having been given the mind to think with and to understand?
- Do not follow shaitan, he is encouraging you to abandon the hereafter, to abandon your honour and to cover yourself with the filth of this dunia. Shaitan’s mission is to cheat Man, he cheats Man into giving value to this dunia, and he urges Man to do evil things to acquire it, so Man is abandoning his Angel-like attributes, and dressing himself in shaitan-like characteristics and animal-like behaviour, and so, he wastes his life in search of badness, cruelty and oppression.
- When a doctor examines a patient, he is able to advise the patient as to what is his disease, and the various ways to cure it. The Saints are spiritual doctors, they see that almost all human beings today, are diseased – they are in search of dunia, they are doing evil, they are dressed in the worst of morals and characteristics. Their aim in life, is to succeed and excel in dunia, at any and at all costs. Today, Man will kill to attain his desires/aims, he has become an obedient follower to shaitan, there is no hope of salvation for such human beings.
- It is difficult to spread Islamic teachings that bring people to their senses, because of two reasons. Firstly, many institutions of learning are today strictly secular, they forbid any sort of religious teaching, discussion or preaching, under the guise of preserving harmony, and preventing discord. But without Holy Books, how are humans supposed to get a real education that teaches them their purpose of existence and the value of this world? Secondly, many believers, especially Scholars, who have the means to preach and propagate the teachings, are not doing so, despite this being a commandment of Allah in the Holy Qur’an. Spread these teachings, says Maulana, you never know if the one who receives it may be filled with regret and realization, he may repent and turn his life around, and in doing so, acquire a high Station in the hereafter â all due to the effort that you have made. So bring this advice by all the means made available to you, to all who are around you, so that the true nature of shaitan’s mission (to cheat Man) and this dunia’s real worth (zero value), is made known to all.