Summary of Maulana Shaykh Nazim’s Daily Suhbah
28th February 2010, Sunday
The Deadly Kiss Of Iblis
A’uzubillah himinsh shaitan nirrajeem
Bismillahir Rahman-nir Raheem
Assalamu’alaikum wrh wbkt
- Maulana reminded us to recite A’uzubillah himinsh shaitan nirrajeem, as shaitan is a great troublemaker. He is the ugliest creature in creation, devoid of any beauty. If any of us were to glance at his face, we would faint in fright!
- Those amongst Mankind, with ugly faces, are inheritors of shaitan. Maulana says that he is not referring to physical beauty or ugliness. He is referring to ugliness that is from within, that darkens the faces and removes the natural beauty that it was created with.
- Evil people, are not only ugly, but they are like needles, inflicting pain on all those whom they come into contact with. Maulana gives an example of a cactus plant, whose sharp needle-like spines inflict intense pain, and hence such plants are avoided like a plague. Similarly, evil people are ejected from gatherings, no one likes their presence in any majlis.
- How did they become like cacti plants? When a human being is disobedient to Allah, and he disregards heavenly orders, he acquires shaitan’s features and traits. Practicing believers, on the other hand, by their piety and obedience, are blessed with heavenly dressings of goodness and beauty, they are welcomed in all gatherings, they are honoured and loved, they are bringing satisfaction to their listeners in every Suhbah they give, they do not disturb the peace, and they age gracefully and with dignity, unlike the followers of shaitan who are constantly stirring up trouble within their communities.
- A human being may be born with handsome/beautiful features. That is an external/physical beauty, that is neither permanent nor sustainable. We must seek the true internal/spiritual beauty, for that is the real loveliness that will reside with us eternally. Those who do not seek this real beauty, will be the greatest losers, for they will slowly acquire shaitanic features of ugliness as they age, and slowly but surely, people begin to avoid them and despise them.
- It is taught in Prophetic knowledge, that when a person (male or female) reaches the age of forty – and if he has not chosen to make servanthood to Allah the mainstay of his life, the most important goal he wants to achieve – then shaitan kisses such a person on his forehead, declaring, “I am so happy today, this person will never follow heavenly ones, that means he is in my book, write his name in my book! This one belongs to me!” Such a person, who has no intention of being Allah’s servant by the time he is forty years old, and is kissed by shaitan , and has his name recorded in shaitan’s book – such a person, will never return to the path of obedience, till the day he dies! Maulana made a doa, “Oh Allah, protect us from becoming shaitan’s follower.”
- At the instant shaitan plants his kiss on the forehead of the condemned one, ugliness begins to seep into this person’s face, and gradually, his features change into shaitanic ones, throughout his life, until death comes. After death, worse is to follow – the facial features become even uglier and more horrifying, it acquires an added shade of darkness and a foul odour begins to be emitted from the body. People are troubled by this, and they wish to dispose/bury the dead body quickly. Just as in life when such a person was avoided like a cactus, in death, he is again a source of discomfort and inconvenience to those around him. Maulana has seen graves, that still had a ghastly stench, months after the body had been buried! Scientists say that the odour is due to the type of clayey soil there that causes rotting of the body, but that is not the reason at all.
- Obedient ones are different – their faces are shining and captivating, even in death, and their bodies emit the fragrant smell of roses. Maulana had been in Damascus when they were unearthing the body of a long-dead Saint in order to relocate the grave as they wanted to build a road over it. The body looked as fresh as the day it was buried, the fragrance travelled far and wide, thousands could smell the heavenly wafts of rose, and the sand from the grave was still steeped in perfume, so many days later.
- Look at the faces of tyrants in our history, as well as their helpers – look at how ugly they were. You can tell a Sultan from a tyrant, by simply looking at his face. Islam prefers the rule of monarchy (like in Saudi Arabia), as compared to democratic elections (in many other so-called Muslim nations). It is strange for Muslim countries to follow Western ways by having elections, when they have a better Divine system that is blessed by Allah! It is easy to dupe people into voting for a particular person. Maulana says, if we can’t choose a good watermelon (that is not rotten inside) from a pile of watermelons, by looking at the pile, how can we choose a leader by simply looking at and listening to him?
- Some leaders, after being elected, abuse the democratic process, and become vile tyrants. We should never help a dictator to persecute others, it is our duty to oppose cruelty to Mankind. Fear Allah, not tyrants, never bow to their evil teachings of racism and persecution of any humans. Those who help these tyrants, shall be buried with them, and punished with them.
- The Prophet (saw) said, “After me, will be the rule of Khalifas, then the rule of Sultans, then will come the rule of tyrants and dictators. In that time, one of my Ahlul Bait, a descendant of my family, will rise to bring justice to the world and to destroy cruelty.” May Allah send us such a leader, one who will save our religion and the believers, and who will destroy the rule of tyranny once and for all. Till that time, we cannot do anything, only Allah can destroy this enveloping darkness brought by shaitan, by sending us the chosen one, to free us all.
- Do not remain in darkness, do not follow shaitan, for every follower of shaitan is a tyrant (cruel oppressor to himself). Instead, follow the light of the Prophet (saw), follow heavenly light and guides, and be on the way of servanthood to Allah.