Summary of Maulana Shaykh Nazim’s Daily Suhbah
26th February 2010, Friday
Servanthood is honour, slavery is humiliation
A’uzubillah himinsh shaitan nirrajeem
Bismillahir Rahman-nir Raheem
Assalamu’alaikum wrh wbkt
- In this blessed month of Rabi’ul Awal, rahmat is descending upon the earth, Maulana prays that we are given a share of these blessings, even if it be but one drop of it.
- Maulana advises us to ask for peace. Allah Almighty teaches us to live in tranquility and harmony, shaitan whispers to us, to live with hatred and conflict, and to inflict pain and suffering when we feel offended. Maulana recited A’uzubillah, seeking protection from the accursed one, who was banished from the Divine presence, Allah then left him to do whatever he pleased. We needn’t fear the devils, even if their numbers are in the billions, for as long as a Servant seeks Allah’s protection, He will send His help upon that Servant from the beloved Nation of Muhammad (saw).
- Be wary of shaitan’s tricks and traps, he likes to distract Man, so that Man becomes heedless of Allah. Once that is established, he then whispers to Man to deny Allah’s rights, and to defy Allah’s commandments.
- What does it mean to be a heedless one? It is to be one who does not think. Day and night, he is in pursuit of wealth and pleasure. He is one who is so intoxicated with this life’s enjoyment, that he doesn’t pause to smell the roses (literally!). He doesn’t think about where he came from, how he came to exist in this world, who fashioned him in the womb, where he is going from here, how does he age, how does death come? He doesn’t ask himself the most pertinent question of all “WHO AM I?” Thinking is the most important step to realization. At one time, you were a mere infant, how did you grow physically and spiritually, how did you become an old man today, have you never thought about that, asks Maulana? How does the earth rotate and revolve, suspended without rope or pillars, in a vacuum called space? A person who goes through life without asking these questions, never achieves any real honour.
- Shaitan teaches Man that all this happens naturally, it is the work of ‘nature’, these are simply natural phenomenon of science. Maulana says that 99% of humans today believe in ‘Mother nature’ and reject God, and ironically, Man calls this the golden age of human advancement!
- Oh people, awaken from your deep slumber, shake off the hang-over of your drunken existence in dunia, you are standing amidst veils that blind you from your true self, your true mission on earth. Beyond the veils, you will see the reality.
- Allah sent thousands of Prophets with that message, to call people to their Creator, to listen and to obey, and to become servants of Allah. The greatest honour for Man, the highest Maqam for Man, the ultimate pleasure for Man – is to become His Servant! Servanthood is the Most Distinguished dressing for Man.
- Allah gives renewal to His true Servants all the time. They are bestowed with new lights, new honour, new blessings and new knowledge always. Allah gives unstintingly to them, “Oh My Servants, I am inspiring your hearts to ask from Me, so take as much as you can. Ask from Me, and I shall grant you, my treasures are never-ending. Oh Nation of Muhammad (saw), I shall give to you, without cease.” Because everything new brings such untold pleasure and happiness, Allah gives such endless gifts, to keep His Servants in felicity. When Allah gives the new gifts, He never takes back the previous gifts, He adds to what had been given previously, building on it, and after tasting the next level, no Servant wants to move back down to a lower level!
- Be proud to be Allah’s Servant. Rejoice if you have attained Servanthood. Be a Servant unto Him, from pre-eternity, and remain so till eternity. Allah created us to attain unrivalled honours by offering us Servanthood, but Man is running away from this glorious honour, into the arms of a gleeful and beckoning shaitan.
- Humans reject Servanthood to Allah, they prefer slavery to shaitan. Whereas Servanthood is an unmatched honour, Slavery is an abject humiliation for Mankind, it is the lowest and most degraded state of a human being. (Look at people who have become addicted to smoking, drugs, sex, gambling, violence…they are slaves of their desires to a point they have lost control, they destroy their lives and that of their loved ones, there is no honour in being slaves)
Have you seen him who chooses for his God, his own lust (desires)? (Surah Al-Furqan 25:43)
- Our lives are moving forward at break-neck pace, and like a candle burning and growing shorter by the minute, it will soon come to an end. In that very short time, we must build our spirituality and attain true Servanthood to Allah. If we succeed, we will attain eternal blessings and happiness. This is our only chance, the single golden opportunity for us to achieve an eternity of tranquility and exaltation. If we die in a disgraceful manner, in darkness and in defiance, we shall remain at that worthless spiritual point, for eternity.