Summary of Maulana Shaykh Nazim’s Daily Suhbah
11th January 2010, Monday
Islam is the Only Way to Cleanliness
A’uzubillah himinsh shaitan nirrajeem
Bismillahir Rahman-nir Raheem
Assalamu’alaikum wrh wbkt
- Maulana reminded us to spread the Islamic greeting of Assalamu’alaikum, as it spreads peace amongst us, and the one who INITIATES the salam, receives more blessings and lights, than the recipient. So initiate the salam, even to strangers whom you meet in the streets/at work/in the mosque.
- Maulana reminded us to begin all acts with A’uzubillah, for we MUST always seek Allah’s protection against our terrible and dangerous enemy, Iblis (and his helpers), who have an array of trick and traps and are always lying in wait for us. Once we have fallen into a trap, Maulana says it is very difficult to extract ourselves from it.
- In prayer (solat), we usually recite A’uzubillah before reading Bismillah and Fatiha, only in the first raka’at. In doing so, shaitan runs away from us during the first raka’at, but returns to disturb and distract us in the following raka’ats. Maulana says that AwliyaAllah, read A’uzubillah at the beginning of EACH raka’at, so that shaitan has to keep his distance throughout the entire prayer. So do follow such a practice, so that your prayer is ‘clean’ from shaitan’s influence.
- You should begin every act, every gathering, every meeting, every Suhbah, with A’uzubillah, so that the influence of shaitan is removed from such an event. When shaitan is present, then he assumes control, and rides on us (directing and guiding us), just like a rider sitting on a donkey. Maulana says that almost 100% of humans are under shaitan’s control nowadays. Do you think that shaitan, when in control of our lives, will guide us and direct us to a good place, a safe destination? Never! So seek Allah’s protection in every action.
- Shaitan portrays himself as our concerned adviser, as our well-informed guide, as our trusted companion. He has a ready answer to our doubts about him, he has a glib tongue, and offers himself as a Teacher – to guide us, our loved ones, our community and our whole nation. He offers modernization and freedom, he offers a lifestyle of pleasure and excesses, he infects our education system with God-lessness. He teaches men to dress and live as women do, and vice-versa – he turns everything upside down. He offers himself as our best friend, and many humans now regard him as such, defending his decadent ways, ideas, lifestyle and beliefs.
- Shaitan promotes a lifestyle of drinking, for once a person is drunk, he will be easy to convince and mislead, for he is unable to resist shaitan’s advances when he can’t walk or think straight.
- Shaitan preaches to Man to live in dirtiness and sin unashamedly, and he tells us to be unashamed, even towards Allah!
- With the spread of this so-called modern lifestyle of boozing/pubbing/clubbing, Western people believe that they have achieved the ultimate life, yet in reality, they have only achieved Allah’s displeasure and curses. Just listening to the weather forecast these days will show you that Allah is sending down much punishment on these Western countries, due to their obedience to shaitan.
- Maulana calls out to these people, “Come to Islam!” It is sad that so many so-called scholars are hitting out at their fellow Muslims, instead of reaching out to these lost Westerners, who are lost in a world of entertainment and temporary pleasure. Salafi scholars are busy running from mosque to mosque preventing maulid and selawat, instead of seeking to guide/help/advise these poor souls with meaningless existences!
- Maulana calls us all to Islam, as Allah sent us Islam to clean ourselves and to purify ourselves. These people who are steeped in sin, even if they washed themselves with the oceans of the world, even if they use soap and perfume, they CANNOT cleanse themselves – a human being can only be cleaned by he accepts the last message, Al Qur’an, and when he accepts the Last Messenger, Sayyidina Muhammad (saw)!
- But if they reject the Messenger and his Message, they shall remain in dirtiness, in sin, in calamities. For Allah says, “Verily, the disbelievers are najis (dirty/impure).” So disbelief is a state of impurity, which can only be cleaned by embarking on a Journey of Faith.
- Shouldn’t Salafi scholars be busy bringing this message of hope and salvation, instead of harping on a message of hate and criticism, that they now propagate? It is wajib (compulsory) for those with knowledge to preach and to guide, so do your duty, oh learned Salafi scholars!Maulana says he is but a Warner, and warns that those who persist in bringing a warped message of Islam, will have their knowledge erased from their minds, and will end up being devoid of true knowledge.