Summary of Maulana Shaykh Nazim’s Friday Advice
(given after performing Friday prayers)
29thOctober 2010, Friday
This single hadees contains all knowledge
(Maulana gave two Suhbahs on Friday day, one after Fajr prayer, and the next one after Juma’ah prayers. This is the second Suhbah)
A’uzubillah himinash shaitan nirrajeem
Bismillah-hir Rahman-nir Raheem
Assalamu’alaikum wrh wbkt
- Maulana begins each Suhbah with Bismillahi ‘r-Rahmani ‘r-Raheem, as everything must be under the flag of Bismillahi ‘r-Rahmani ‘r-Raheem. Friday is the best of days, here and in the Hereafter. If you are asking for happiness here and in the Hereafter, you must keep respect for Fridays. Maulana himself, who is 90 years old, makes a concerted effort to attend Friday prayers, so what about able-bodied, young ones like us? Run away from shaitan, run to Allah!
- Humans lead very stressful lives nowadays, they feel the burdens on them intensifying. The advent of typhoons and hurricanes, earthquakes, landslides, tsunamis, floods, political unrest, deadly diseases and marital conflicts, are signs of Allah’s Anger towards Man intensifying – Man is being overwhelmed by the strain of just keeping his sanity in today’s topsy-turvy world.
- Some people take comfort in the fact that their countries lie outside the earthquake zone, or that they do not lie along the hurricane belt, or that they are not in the tsunami strike zone. Disasters are sent by Allah, they are not random occurrences due to ‘nature’! Maulana says, each disaster is a precise punishment from the heavens, that claims its victims by Heavenly order, so don’t take comfort in being far from a potential disaster zone. How often has a disaster struck where it was not supposed to? When Allah points a hurricane or a tsunami to hit a town or city, it will strike precisely (like a guided missile), no matter how far it lies from the scientifically demarcated danger-zone. Everything occurs by a Heavenly order, “Go there and take them away!” Even the intensity of a hurricane or flood may be manifold what is predicted, as it is Allah who sets these parameters. Already Man lives in fear of the power of a nuclear bomb, yet the magnitude of the intensity of the punishments that Allah is capable of sending, makes a nuclear bomb appear like a child’s toy, Maulana says. We may even live to see hurricanes capable of uprooting, dismantling and disintegrating an entire nuclear reactor.
- With so much uncertainty in his life, Man lives in constant fear now. Amidst this madness, how does one find peace and security? The Prophet (saw) gave the solution to his Nation. From a hadees narrated by Sayyidina Abbas (ra), the Prophet said, “O my cousin! You are asking to be under Divine Protection here and Hereafter? Ahfizhillah yahfazhak, `Keep Allah, Allah keeps you.’ Kullu ‘l-`uloom hunaak, `Every knowledge is here.’ Show the highest respect to Allah and Allah will protect you here and in the Hereafter.”
- All Holy Books in the past taught and carried the same message. Oh people, try to be Robbaniyyeen, ones that belong to the Lord of the Heavens.
- Maulana warned ever so gently, “O People! Keep the right way, safe way, clean way. You must leave this lifestyle (of decadence and sin) that you are living now, as it is the worst. If you are asking to be in safety here and in the Hereafter, keep the highest respect for your Lord, Allah Almighty. O People! Always be respectful and obedient in the Divine Presence. Obedient ones will be saved, and for disobedient ones, there is only fear here and in the Hereafter. O People! Be obedient servants to the Lord of Heavens and you will have a sweet life here and an Eternal life there. Keep respect for your Lord and try to be obedient servants, and beware of being disobedient! Every trouble, every punishment, every kind of malady and disaster, will befall those people who are disobedient!”
- If you are insisting on being disobedient, you will always be leading a fearful life. When punishment is always hovering over you, you will be in a state of constant fear, and there will be no sweet life for you. But those who are obedient ones will sleep soundly, they never worry that an earthquake, or a flood, or a fire or a hurricane, would strike them, as these punishments will never touch them.
- Don’t follow the guidance of disobedient ones. Those who fear persecution at the hands of tyrants (or any ones trying to hinder their Way to Allah), must recite RabbunAllah Hasbunallah daily, for 40 days, and they will be free from the influence and control of such evil ones, Allah will change their condition for the better. Maulana said, “O People! We are giving you such a power (with this recitation) that no one can expect! The power (contained within this recitation) is greater than that of nuclear power! Yaa Rabbee, shukur! O Sender of Causes! Strengthen our weakness until we become hard workers in Your obedience and Your worship.”
- Should you be persecuted or prevented from obedience to Allah, do not fight back with violent actions, just make a constant recitation of Hasbunallah, Robbunallah, (or you may recite it as Robbunallah, Hasbunallah) which means “Allah suffices (is enough) for me, and Allah is my Lord (upon whom I depend on)”. Maulana says, this recitation is more powerful that of a nuclear reactor, so have faith! He said in an earlier Suhbah given on the 27th of October 2010, that with this recitation, even a tyrant who has ruled cruelly for decades, will fall, should all believing citizens being persecuted by him recite this constantly for 40 days.
- Allah is the Absolute Lord. And we must be the Absolute Servant. We must obey Him, absolutely. To respect Allah, means to respect every single Command and Prohibition, from the smallest to the biggest, without question, without defiance, without fatigue.
- Picture yourself as a servant in the palace of a great and powerful King. Being his servant, you must be as your King wants. You must dress, walk, speak, sit, eat, greet, bow – all according to the palace protocol. Your will is non-existent. The King’s Will dominates your entire life and existence. If he wants you to stand at one corner of the dining hall, with your head bowed throughout the meal, with your feet together, in silence, without glancing once at the dining table – that is exactly what you must do. In fact, that is what happens in all Royal Courts around the world – everyone follows the Royal protocol as a respect to the King. Even before heads-of-state meet a King, protocol advisers from both sides meet to discuss the rules and customs, peculiar and particular, to each Royal Court, and every head of State abides by the protocol.
- To illustrate this, watch this video below, of Maulana Shaykh Nazim’s son, Shaykh Baha’uddeen, receiving an award from the Sultan of Perak last year, on behalf of his father. Observe the Royal protocol!
(If you do not have time to watch the entire ten minute video, you should then watch the last two minutes, where Shaykh Baha’uddin makes his appearance to receive the award on behalf of Maulana Shaykh Nazim)
(In celebration of the Silver Jubilee of the Sultan of Perak Darul Ridwan Malaysia, Sultan Aslan presented a medal to Haji Baha’uddin Adil Efendi. Baha’uddin Efendi is receiving the medal on behalf of his father, Shaykh Maulana Nazim al-Haqqani al-Kibrisi. This medal is only given to members of the Sultan’s family, meaning that Shaykh Nazim is regarded as a member of the royal family. There is no higher honour, except for the medal that the Sultan himself wears.
The Sultan’s son, Shaykh Raja Ashman Shah, is Maulana Shaykh Nazim’s Naqshbandi representative for all of Asia. Last Ramadhan, Maulana Shaykh Nazim said in a video available on Saltanat TV*, “As they (Shah Raja Ashman’s family) has honoured us, may Allah honour them.”
When Shaykh Baha’uddin visited Kuala Lumpur earlier this year, he gave a short Suhbah at the Zawiyah (in which I was present, so I heard this personally), saying that Maulana Shaykh Nazim looks at Malaysia, because of his love for Shaykh Raja Ashman Shah, and that Maulana is very fond of Shaykh Raja. At that same majlis, Shaykh Baha’uddin personally informed me that it is Maulana”s instruction that we (from Singapore) visit Shaykh Raja regularly and attend Khatam Khwajagan with him, as well as ask for his blessings. Those who have met Shaykh Raja personally, will be blown away (as I was) by his patience, wisdom and humility. May Allah bless him and his family.
*the video of Maulana Shaykh Nazim praising Shaykh Raja Ashman and his family is available at Saltanat TV, click on ‘Subtitled Videos’, then click on ‘English’, then click on ’18 September 2010, Wadin Naml’)
- This is just a worldly court, with a worldly King. Look at the respect and protocol! Did you see anyone doing as he wished? Everyone was on full ceremonial conduct! How about in the Heavenly Court? We are His guests in this world and in the Hereafter, what is the protocol when we are constantly in the presence of the King of all Kings, Malikul Mulk? The Prophet (saw) showed us the acceptable protocol when he said, “I eat like a servant, sit like a servant, walk like a servant.” So one who is in a constant state of awareness of Allah’s presence, we must be in a constant state of servanthood, affording our highest respect for the Almighty – that is the wisdom contained within all Holy books. (Read this past Suhbah which teaches about being constantly aware of Allah’s presence).
- When we say servanthood, our bodies are not the only thing that bows to Him. Our desires, will, ego - all bow to Him. Our heart and Soul must feel contented to be receiving from His decree, we must feel happy to exist as His servant and we must find nothing to complain about.
- Rasulullah (saw) said that all knowledge is contained in this single hadees. One who gives the highest respect to Allah, is always aware of His presence, obeys unquestioningly all His Commands and Prohibitions, is always pleased with His decree, is always thankful of His unending gifts, is always fearful of displeasing his Lord, is always careful with his words, deeds and especially his intention, is always seeking to please His Lord, and is always afraid of being turned away from His Lord.
- So this is the Summation of all knowledge as taught in all Holy Books: Give Allah (and His Commands) your highest respect – remember, in every moment of your short worldly existence, that your are His.
This Suhbah can be watched at www.Saltanat.org, choose from the menu on the right, ‘Sohbat 29.Oct 2010’. There is a CC button next to the Volume control at the bottom of the screen to choose choose subtitles in eight languages, choose from Arabic, Bahasa Indonesia/Melayu, German, English, Spanish, Italian, Russian and Turkish. During Live Suhbahs, the buttons at the top provide Live Audio Translations into other languages. Should the video no longer be there, please look for it under the video archives of the Saltanat TV site. Saltanat TV is the Official Site of Maulana Shaykh Nazim that is sanctioned and approved by him personally.
Do register as a member of this site, so that we can update you by email, each time there is a new Post. You may also follow us on Twitter, we are SufiHub. Feel free to re-post the Suhbahs anywhere you like. However, please acknowledge the source of this Suhbah as www.SufiHub.com, so that readers may also browse other Summaries here. posts must be produced in full. Not to be used for any Commercial purposes and not to be published without consent from SufiHub.
All rights reserved.
All rights reserved.