Summary of Maulana Shaykh Nazim’s Suhbah
17th December 2009, Thursday
The Real Reason for this Economic Crisis
A’uzubillah himinsh shaitan nirrajeem
Bismillahir Rahman-nir Raheem
Assalamu’alaikum wrh wbkt
- Maulana said that disaster or difficulty befalls Man because he has FORGOTTEN Allah. Each time Man becomes heedless, Allah sends his Divine Curses upon him, and his life becomes tumultuous. But for those who are always with Allah, Allah says, “La khaufun alaihim, walahum yakhzanun”, which means, there is NO FEAR over them, and they have nothing to GRIEVE about. Compare and contrast these two groups of humans.
- What is the reason for the recent economic crisis that shook the world? No one was spared, the poor, the rich, ordinary citizens and world leaders – all were affected. The crisis brought internal and external sufferings to many, it made so many lose their peace of mind and happiness. Many resorted to drinking alcohol to drown their sorrows….Maulana asks if any one of us knows the solution to this crisis, as getting drunk certainly isn’t the solution to it.
- Countries, long proud of being world leaders, have suddenly been brought to their knees. Overnight, fortunes were wiped out, economies were crushed, and currencies became worthless. Yet this is just the beginning, what would happen if Allah sends down a second or third wave of economic disasters? The world would be brought to the brink of ruin.
- Through this crisis, Allah is showing all powerful people, that it is not THEY who hold the reins of this world. Allah is the All Powerful One, this world is under Divine Control, NOT human control, and He only has to open a tiny crack on the surface of this earth, and many people will be helplessly swallowed. Allah is sending a clear warning to all who have transgressed Allah’s limits, Allah is saying, “Oh Man, you must know your limits, you must have ADAB towards Your Lord!”
- Allah is reminding Man, “I did not create you, Oh Man, to collect wealth or property in this worldly life!” Man must realize, for what purpose he was placed on earth. It was not to amass wealth, for this world and all its contents, have no value in the Divine Presence. So why are we gathering/collecting/running after/crying over, what has no value in Allah’s eyes, and what is NOT our purpose to seek when we were sent here?
- So what is the solution to this crisis? Maulana says that for every question, there is an answer in the Holy Qur’an, if only you choose to seek for the answer there. For every disease, there is a cure. For every problem, there is a solution. Allah is Most Kind, never cruel. He gives the cure, the answer, the solution to all that ails Man, if Man is humble enough to seek help from Him.
- So many people read the Qur’an, in Makkah and Medina, so many have memorized the Qur’an, having completed the reading of the Holy Book thousands of times, yet Maulana asks, what have they learned from this reading? Is the Holy Book only to be read, without anyone extracting its secrets and guidance?
- Maulana says Man is ashamed when someone refers to him as a Servant of Allah (Abdullah), especially one who is of high ranking, as if that phrase is a humiliation upon him. One must always acknowledge that he is a SERVANT of Allah, it is our honour to be His servant.
- Man is busy talking day and night, but in his conversation, he never speaks and calls out to his fellow Man, “Oh Man, try to please Your Lord, and seek to do your BEST for your fellow Man!”
- Maulana reveals that the solution to this economic crisis, lies in an Ayat from Surah At-Talaq, “And whoever FEARS ALLAH, Allah will show him a way out of his problem.”
- Man has no FEAR for Allah today, they fear to speak the truth for fear of losing their position or their means of sustenance. For example, Man is building skyscrapers, just as foretold by Rasulullah (saw) fourteen centuries ago. Why? It is act of Namrud who defied Allah, it is an act that displeases the Prophet (saw), and each time Angels see Man building something more than two stories high, they say, “Oh Man, Allah’s earth is so wide, isn’t it enough for you?” Yet no Ulama speaks out against such an act, when consulted by their Kings.
- Why do the Ulama fear their Kings? A King’s life, lies between two breaths. If he breathes in, and Allah does not give permission for him to breath out, he dies. And if he breathes out, and Allah does not give him permission to breathe in again, he dies. And yet you fear the King, and not Allah? Advise and speak the truth, do not fear loss of status/sustenance.
- Early in this century, Allah sent an earthquake to China of magnitude 8.5 on the Richter Scale, and one million people died. It is easy for Allah, he says BE and it BECOMES. Allah can destroy this earth, in the blink of an eye. No one is safe from any disaster, unless he is protected by Allah. If you do not have Divine protection, you will perish.
- This is a warning sent down in this Holy Month. Oh Muslims, tear yourselves away from dunia, and set your sights on pleasing ALLAH, if you want safety in this world and in the hereafter. The Day of Judgement is very, very near! This is a Divine Declaration, if you deny it, and turn your back on this advice, nothing will be able to save you from perishing. The Angels are watching, whom amongst Man takes this advice, and who ignores it.
- Oh Man, do you best for Allah, that is enough for Him. Say to Allah, “Oh Allah, we are doing our best for you, please accept this from us.” Such people will be saved.
- Oh Ulama, do not be angry with me, your anger will not harm me, it will only harm yourselves.