This post is also available in: Bahasa Indonesia
Summary of Maulana Shaykh Nazim’s Suhbah
16th December 2009, Wednesday
Prophets brought us the keys to Paradise
A’uzubillah himinsh shaitan nirrajeem
Bismillahir Rahman-nir Raheem
Assalamu’alaikum wrh wbkt
- Maulana says that, when Allah sent Prophet Adam (as) and Hawa out of Paradise, they were weeping bitterly, for two reasons. Firstly, they were shown that half of their offspring would be in darkness (defiance/kufur) and the other half would be in light (obedience/faith). The other reason, was that they felt sad to lose the pleasures of Paradise, as they descending into a dark and uninviting world now.
- Allah told them, that they had brought this upon themselves, as they had WRONGED THEMSELVES, by QUESTIONING Allah’s Wisdom, when he forbade them to go near the forbidden tree. Allah had made ALL things in Paradise Halal for them, and only ONE thing Haram, and instead of enjoying ALL the Halal, they had been tricked by Iblis to take from the ONE Haram. Look how weak Man is, we are warned by Maulana not to trust Iblis’ advice, it will bring us misery and suffering.
- Maulana says, no one in Creation has the right to question ALLAH, he is the Lord of Complete Domination, He answers to no one, He does as He pleases, and it is the WORST ADAB to question Allah’s instruction. Iblis was the FIRST in Creation to question Allah’s Wisdom.
- Recite Auzubillah always, and ASK ALLAH to protect you from Iblis’ tricks and traps, do not depend on your OWN ABILITY to evade Iblis’ treachery, you cannot escape without ALLAH’s help. So be humble, and ask Him to save you, and NEVER put your trust in Iblis’ advice.
- Allah himself never trusted Iblis, even when Iblis was the leader of the Angels, for He could see the secret intention in Iblis’ heart, for nothing is secret in Allah’s All-Encompassing knowledge. Allah knew that Iblis wished to be known as, the Best of All Creation.
- The heart of Iblis and the heart of Man, are not the same. The Creation of Iblis and the Creation of Man is also different. The heart of Iblis did not have the capacity to understand, worship and to hold the secrets, that the heart of Man had been given. Hence, Iblis was asking for something that he had no capacity to handle, he was asking for something which was not his to ask. THAT is very bad adab, to ASK for what is not your RIGHT! Iblis was drunk, says Maulana, with desire for that Station, he was so drunk.
- Allah had created Man with His Own Hands, though this is metaphorical language. NO OTHER CREATURE in this Universe, was created by Allah’s Own Hand, only Man, as Man is to be His Khalifa. Man was endowed with secret abilities that not even the Angels possessed, Man was given tools and abilities to carry out his complex duties as Khalifa, something Iblis did not possess. Man’s faculties were for him to be Khalifa, and Iblis was created for another purpose. Allah created Man as ‘ahsanul taqwim’, the Best of creation (95:4).
- Man was raised to the highest of stations, and equipped to understand Divine inspirations, and given the Rank of Khalifa, something that Iblis desired and coveted, and in doing so, Iblis stepped out of line, and became the first creature to DISAGREE with and QUESTION Allah. In doing so, he incurred Allah’s Divine Anger, for none had the right to question Allah.
- Every Prophet has come to their respective Ummahs to bring this message – don’t be like Iblis. Instead, you must LISTEN and OBEY! That is the ONLY way to reach, HONOUR, Oh Mankind. There is no other Way.
- In that phrase lies the 3 KEYS to Paradise, LISTEN to the message the Guides bring, UNDERSTAND it, and OBEY it. Don’t be like Iblis.
- Maulana exhorts us to remember Allah abundantly/frequently, and not listen to Ulamas who discourage us from Zikrullah. Why is the world in chaos today and the Muslim people in such an ignorant state? The answer lies in Surah Al Kahf, it is because we have left the Remembrance of Allah, and whoever leaves Zikrullah, his life will be heavy and full of troubles!
- Unfortunately, Man today is running AWAY from Allah, and falling into great suffering, misery and hopelessness. Man of the 21st century, has lost the happiness in their lives, everyone is unhappy, from Kings to the normal people. Peace has been lost from this world and from human hearts.
- We are in a time when the esteem of the Muslim world is at its lowest, with the Unbelievers looking down upon us, but it is ironic that we are discarding the Prophet’s lifestyle, and IMITATING THE LIFESTYLES of these very people who despise our way of life.
- As long as there is SOMETHING FROM THIS DUNIA that you desire, that you are striving for, that you covet, that is your intention – you are on the wrong way!
- Maulana warns all Muslims not to take to the streets to join in Mass Demonstrations. This is HARAM! If you are unhappy about anything, go to the Mosque and pray to Allah for help and be patient. It has never been taught in ANY holy scripture to stage demonstrations or violent protests!
- Leave the ways of the unbelievers, seek help from Allah, may Islam be raised to its rightful position of honour and respect. Ameen.